subheader

an awesome way to watch TV

Monday, February 27, 2012

All Things Community


COMMUNITY RETURNS MARCH 15TH!!!! I know, it's super-old (like 5 days) news, but I didn't feel like doing a whole post just for that, especially because the bummer part of the news is that it means Parks & Rec is off the air for six weeks. I don't understand why they won't just GET RID OF 30 ROCK because obviously no one likes it now because it isn't good anymore and also Tracy Morgan is The Worst and maybe if NBC actually supported the shows that EVERYONE LOVES they would have better ratings. And while The Office is clearly spiraling weirdly towards their series finale, things have gotten pretty dull over there (since when is GABE the best part of that show?) and every episode just makes me think of how much better everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) would have worked out if they had just ended the show when Michael Scott left. It's pretty ridiculous that they're still on the air. But anyway, COMMUNITY! RETURNS! MARCH 15th!



On to item two. This weekend I'll be attending PaleyFest in Beverley Hills for the Community panel, where I'll get to watch the cast & showrunners have a discussion, and ask a question if I can think of one that won't embarass myself. I'm going with my friend Matt, who came with me to Conan in July, and we've got seats right up front so it's entirely possible I will be paralyzed with awe for most of it, but I will be taking notes and doing a thorough write-up afterward, so don't worry, you'll hear it all. If you have a question you'd like me to ask, let me know because it's entirely possible that yours will be better than anything I can come up with.

Corollary: a few weeks ago, I got a direct message on Twitter from Danny Pudi in response to reading "The Community Conundrum", thanking me for my "insightful commentary" & generally being succinctly funny and adorable. I am not telling you this for any other purpose than to express how it MADE MY ENTIRE LIFE. I write all this stuff and really put my heart in to it, but I never in a million years hope to dream that somebody I'm writing about (and who is one of my comedic heroes) would actually read it. So it's excellent incentive for me to keep shouting into the void over here, and makes me hopeful that I might actually make a career out of this someday. Blog dreams do come true, kids.

And finally, let's all thank Jim Rash for being absolutely 100% The Best thing about The Oscars last night. I did not watch them, and got bored reading Twitter after about an hour, but I did see Angelina Jolie's stupid leg thing and then this morning was alerted to the fact that not only did Jim Rash WIN AN OSCAR (how many other NBC shows have Oscar winners on them?) but that he mocked the most annoyingly celeb of all celebrities while doing it. WE LOVE YOU, JIM RASH! You just earned a place on The Best 2012 list. And The Descendants was awesome! Shoutout to Ryz, factotum extraordinaire! Jim Rash's leg is for you!

Image via NextMovie

No comments:

Post a Comment