subheader

an awesome way to watch TV

Thursday, October 13, 2011

"Who ARE these people?"

Ok, let's see. With so much tv happening these days, I keep getting overwhelmed and putting off posts that I want to write until it's pretty much too late to write them. So I'm just gonna make a list of points and go down it, as I am wont to do.

- After re-watching last week's Community, I take back whatever I said about it in my last post. It was great. Everyone was great. The Chang part was a little weird, but I'm past it. Omar was great, like always. Danny Pudi's facial expressions and Donald Glover's line delivery were, like always, the best. Strike that and reverse it, and they're still The Best. "Second paintball."

- I have watched the first two episodes of House out of curiosity but man have they lost me now. I really just don't have time for the same old bullshit and House's hair is ugly and although I find Charlene Yi charming she is a terrible actress and not made for network tv and really that show is just SO BAD! So bad.

- How I Met Your Mother is actually getting better this season! I mean, it's still not up to Swarley par, but it's much better than last year. Bringing Kal Penn on was a great idea, and definitely brings some tension to the Barney's wedding plot point even though obviously Barney and Robin are getting married but also obviously they have to do something interesting to get us there. So. Good news! Also loving the Ducky Tie. That whole episode was great and boobariffic and would have been perfect had it not been for Victoria whom I despise.


- No Glee this week because of baseball. Although I agree with the general critical consensus that it has been getting better, I did not agree with last week's episode being great because UGH Dreamgirls. This show really needs to find a better balance between the showtunes (and pick better showtunes) and the pop songs (and pick better pop songs). I actually turned it off during the final Emma/Will number because that song (what song? I don't know the name. I just know that you and I and everyone with taste HATES IT.) is not only terrible, but terrible and over-done. While the writers may be putting the plot and characterization back on track, they really need to work on the music.

- Bored To Death premiered! I guess it's on Mondays now, although I didn't get to it until Tuesday. It was mostly great, especially the stuff with Ray and Samantha Bee, but the Jonathan plotline totally lost me. Specifically the cliffhanger. I know this show is full of the absurd, but that crossed the line into totally unbelievable. More George, more Ray, and more of Jonathan getting high on weed and not on clocks.

- It is long past the time that Lisa should have gone home on ANTM. She is so craggy they should call her The Matterhorn (burn). I love how Andre almost vomited all over her panel outfit.

- I still miss my Stabler on SVU but I do really love Danny Pino he is adorable and funny and charming and so I will continue to watch even though that blonde lady bugs the crap out of me. Also, Ice-T continues to be The Best.

- Lily is beginning to rival Luke and Phil for the position of Best Part Of Modern Family. And is it just me or are Cam and Mitchell getting kind of obnoxious? Regardless, Samm Levine and David Cross means hilarious Jews take the win!

- Psych is back! I haven't watched it yet but HUZZAH! I love Psych. Psych is great. You should all be watching Psych. I have been so Dule Hill-deprived I've developed a Dule Hill deficiency and have had to supplement with Psych and West Wing reruns. More Dule Hill for everyone!

Thus ends this week's wrap-up of things I was too lazy to write an entire post about. You didn't need an entire post to know that House is terrible and Psych is wonderful anyhow, so really I was just doing you a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment