subheader

an awesome way to watch TV

Friday, July 22, 2011

!Feliz Cumpleaños A Mi!

Today is the one year anniversary of girl glows green. I really should be getting to bed soon, because unlike last summer when I was spending all day getting stoned in my sublet and watching 21 Jumpstreet and had ample time to write blog posts, this summer I actually have what one might call "a life", as well as "a job", and "vacation time". Which basically translates to "I've been having an awesome summer", but that doesn't mean that I don't wish I had the time to write everything I've been wanting to write whenever I'm inspired to.

Am I supposed to say something meaningful to mark this occasion? Sure, why not. I have watched a lot of television over the year. Below you'll find the updated version of The List, a comprehensive catalog of every TV show I've watched the entirety of (not every show I've only seen once or twice, that list would be insanely long and equally boring). But I love doing it. Of course, not every show is The Best, but usually moments of brilliance can be found in anything, even if it's as pedantic as Wings or The Big Bang Theory or Ice Loves Coco. And as much as I love watching television, I love writing about it almost as much. This blog has inspired me to finally get off my ass and figure out what I want to do about grad school, and it turns out what I want to do is get a Masters in Critical Media Studies. Hopefully I can also take some classes that will teach me how to do more on the internet then just stream videos and read celebrity fashion blogs, because if you haven't noticed I'm not so great at anything besides the actual writing of these posts. If there are lots of pictures or video involved, it can take me hours. Anyway, I make no money from this, but derive lots of joy from helping people discover new shows, inspiring critical discussions, and from making you laugh. If you read this blog, even if you've only glanced at it once or twice, I really appreciate your support. And, as always, if you want my perspective on something, just leave a comment or find me on Twitter - I am usually happy write specific posts by request. It's a family operation here at girl glows green, and by that I mean it's just me, and my bed, and my pair of Troy & Abed In The Morning mugs. I hope you guys will stick with me through the summer vacation drought, because I'll be coming back in the fall full-force, with plenty of opinions about EVERYTHING.

PS: Have you forgotten that I'm seeing Conan on Monday? No? You're on the edge of your seat, aren't you? Look, I know it is pretty much not a big deal, but that does not mean that it is not going to be AWESOME. Write-up will be posted no later than Wednesday, I promise! XOXO girl glows green

The List

(Series with at least 60% viewed multiple times will be marked with an *; series still making new episodes get a +)

30 Rock+
The Adventures Of Pete & Pete*
Ally McBeal
Archer+
Arrested Development* (at least 6x)
The Big Bang Theory+
The Big C+
Boardwalk Empire+
Bob's Burgers+
Bored To Death+
Britain's Next Top Model+
CSI:OG*+
Castle+
Cold Case+
Community+
Damages+
Dawson's Creek* (at least 5x)
Dead Like Me
Detroit 1-8-7
Dollhouse
Downton Abbey+
Entourage+
Episodes+
ER
Extras
Firefly*
Flight of the Conchords*
Freaks & Geeks*
Friends*
Fringe+
Glee*+
Gossip Girl+
Head Case
Heroes
House*+
How I Met Your Mother*+
Huge+
In Treatment
The Increasingly Poor Decisions Of Todd Margaret
Kingdom
The Larry Sanders Show
Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU*+
Law & Order: CI*
Lie To Me
Lost*
Louie+
Luther+
Mad Men*+
Modern Family+
Mr. Sunshine
News Radio
The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency
Northern Exposure
Numb3rs*
The Office*+
Parenthood+
Parks & Recreation+
Party Down*
Persons Unknown+
Project Runway+
Project Runway Canada+
Psych*+
Pushing Daisies
Queer As Folk
Raising Hope+
The Riches
Rock of Love
Royal Pains+
RuPaul's Drag Race+
Scrubs (Although I stopped watching before they switched to ABC, I still think it counts. That shit got awful.)
Sex & The City
Sherlock
Six Feet Under
Skins (UK)
The Sopranos (technically - I skipped the last few episodes because I stopped caring.)
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip*
Ugly Betty
Undeclared
The Unusuals*
Veronica Mars*
Weeds*+
The West Wing


PPS: Congratulations, you made it to the end of the post! You deserve to know that I AM still doing Weeds recaps but I had a Google-induced calamity on Monday night so hopefully I'll get something together before the next episode...but don't hold me to it, I'm going to Disneyland on Sunday and turkey legs and princess hats and rollercoasters take precedence over Nancy Botwin's silly antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment