subheader

an awesome way to watch TV

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

and Fall TV Premiere season is upon us...


Just a heads up: I am going to try to write posts relating to as many of the season premieres (of shows that I watch) as possible, so if you're afraid of spoilers you should wait to check back until you've gone through your DVR/Sidereel schedule/Hulu queue and gotten caught up. I am especially excited for Glee, Community, Castle, The Office (more Michael and Holly??!!), Parenthood, How I Met Your Mother, and the premieres of Boardwalk Empire and Running Wilde.

If there are any other new shows premiering that I should check out, let me know - I've seen most of the previews and it mostly looks like a whole lotta awful (fucking Outsourced, anyone?), but I'm open-minded and have learned that the networks rarely know how to effectively market a good show.

It's a little ridiculous how excited I get for TV premiere season. Hopefully you'll find it infectious. Happy watching!


5 comments:

  1. A. I'm so glad that you mentioned Boardwalk Empire...I was going to tell you to blog about it; it looks soooo good! Unfortunately, I don't have any way to watch it. How are you going to watch it? Is there some awesome website I can watch it from?

    B. Outsourced. Looks. HORRIBLE. Grant and I were talking about it last night. I think it has my vote as the first cancelled show of the season...we'll see...

    C. Speaking of first cancelled shows of the season, what's your vote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find links on Sidereel.com (I never have a problem finding Showtime shows on there), but last year I tried to watch The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency and couldn't find ANYTHING, which leads me to believe that HBO is wiley. I will let you know how it goes - in the meantime I just remembered that my roommates got HBO for free this month. :)


    First cancelled show...I dunno. Outsourced is probable, as are either of the ones that just involve white thirtysomethings having the sex with each other.

    Seriously, though...Outsourced. What kind of idiot thought that was a good idea? I should get their job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! I have one more for you...The Walking Dead on AMC - what are your thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would probably watch it if I could stomach zombies, which I can't. Also, the "I'm just a man looking for my family and nothing else matters" story is a little old. I do like stories of apocalyptic futures, but I could barely handle watching the trailer, much less 90 minutes of it. You'll have to tell me how it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize you like Castle! That was very much a Monday night lazy show for me this past year, mostly because Mal was on it, but also because Detective Beckett was so snarky and fabulous. So good!

    ReplyDelete