subheader

an awesome way to watch TV

Friday, September 24, 2010

"Turn off the Chumbawumba and scram, twerp!"



Dude, I love how surly and free with her body Meredith is - even when she's dancing on Kevin.

The Office is one of those shows that has consistently gotten better and better. I'm not of the mind that Jim and Pam getting together ruined anything about the show - they couldn't have gone on the way they were, and now they're like this awesome team and they are still hilarious together, just like always. Jim and Pam make the perfect foils to Mr. Dwight K. Schrute, and I love how their relationships have developed - sometimes they're friends, mostly they're adversaries, and their relationship is always dynamic and believable. And I think it's great to have pranks being pulled that wouldn't be possible in an office that isn't this office - it gives the audience a nice voyeuristic fantasy. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

The opening of the premiere was a great chance for everyone in the office to have a moment - which is part of what makes this show great, mining the comedy potential of all these diverse characters. People are saying that The Office couldn't go on without Steve Carell, but those people obviously haven't seen the webisodes, which are great without most of the lead actors.

However, just because he's leaving doesn't mean that Steve Carell isn't still amazing at playing Michael Scott:

"Do you think they should have had open auditions for the band Hanson? What if no one named Hanson showed up? That wouldn't even make sense. Or what if they just hired the littlest kid...and a 50-year-old guy...who was a murderer.....really safe."


I mean, if you don't like The Office already, you're not going to start watching now - I think it's

safe to say you won't find the the climax of this episode is as funny as I do if you don't already have an investment in the characters. But if you've abandoned it, now is a great time to come back to the fold - and you will love "Nepotism". The cast has such great chemistry and the writing is top-notch; plus, with Mindy Kaling possibly leaving after this year, you gotta watch now while she's still spreading her brilliance around. And omg, everything Ed Helms does in this episode is pretty genius.

And of course, there's Creed, my favorite, still being the best at everything:

"Everywhere I look it's Betty White this and Betty White that. Finally, a kid who's not talking about Betty White. Of course I follow him."

So, I mean, clearly I love them all. I really could just go on and on.

Here's the episode; at the very least you should watch the intro, if
only for Jim's face after "Boogaloo":



"I said I didn't want to be on the internet!" Oh, Angela.

No comments:

Post a Comment