subheader

an awesome way to watch TV

Monday, September 20, 2010

FOX Fall Lineup - Getting Warmer...

Wherein we travel through the Tunnel of Love, Indubitably.

Well, after slogging through the $hit at CBS, coming around to Fox is a nice change. Fox is a network that I often forget my favorite shows are on; Fringe especially often feels a little too well-put-together for Fox. But I should give them a break, because three out of four is the best record I've seen all week.

Let's get the bad 'un out of the way.

Lone Star
What is it with all the shows about Texas this season? Texas never interested me before and it sure as hell doesn't interest me now. Con men who aren't James Ford? Pass. Jon Voight? Pass. Add in a generic and lackluster leading man and it looks like a snooze-fest. It's being billed as "one of the most provocative dramas FOX has ever had", but to me it looks less provocative and more like a lame retread of a bunch of other shit.



Raising Hope
I was iffy about this before I watched the preview, but it actually looks pretty dang good. Cloris Leachman looks awesome, and it's got that girl from The Riches that I love. Funny premise, heartwarming family stuff, dysfunction...sign me up.


Running Wilde
Created by Mitch Hurwitz, starring Will Arnett and Keri Russell...do I really need to explain further? The trailer is awesome. The child actor looks talented. But let's be honest - they had me at created by Mitch Hurwitz. Watch it! Don't let it be cancelled! There is one caveat, Mitch...all endorsements will be cancelled if you stop writing the Arrested Development movie.



Bob's Burgers
Now, I'm not a big fan of most cartoons. Although I love South Park and The Simpsons, I refuse to watch Adult Swim and I despise Family Guy (if you're curious why, tell me and I'll write a whole scathing post about how uninspired and lowest-common-denominator it is). But a few months ago my sister got me into Archer, which is totally awesome, and I opened my mind up to some of the new cartoons. Bob's Burgers, for which I unfortunately cannot find a preview, stars H. Jon Benjamin (from Archer and tons of other voice-over stuff), as well as Kristen Schaal and Eugene Mirman from Flight Of The Conchords. I'll wait to make my final judgement until I see the show, but knowing what I know about the comedians working on it, Bob's Burgers seems like one to check out.


I can't believe Glee returns tomorrow - I'm excited to see what direction the new season will take and if popular criticisms will be addressed. And House and Cuddy tonight, OMG! I need to buy some popcorn and wine and really prepare myself for the onslaught of awesome.

Image via buddytv.com

No comments:

Post a Comment